Cloud Computing Explained
Cloud computing refers to the use of remote servers on the Internet to store, manage and process data as opposed to the use of local servers. Also referred to as ‘ the cloud’
Why has the Cloud become so popular ?
With the advent of fast broadband for almost all of us, Cloud computing has become so popular due to its key benefits:
- Availibility – accessible when you need it where you need it
- Resiliency – secure off-site storage with central backup of data
- Cost Reduction – reducing computer hardware, power & support costs
- Flexibility – subscription based only pay for what you use
- Efficiencey – promoting collaboration and mobile working
In essence, cloud computing allows a range of services to be offered to customers via the Internet and gives the benefit of allowing customers to provision the services themselves on a demand basis. This allows greater flexibility than previously available and also means that the upfront costs of licensing are no longer a problem as most cloud solutions are on subscription so are an operating cost rather than a capital item.
If you are interested in any aspect of cloud computing then we can help by explaining the benefits and then assessing your needs before providing a suitable quotation.